Inside Ashwin's Genius: How He Mastered England with These Mind-Blowing Tactics!

Inside Ashwin's Genius: How He Mastered England with These Mind-Blowing Tactics!

DHARAMSALA: Ravichandran Ashwin's strategic approach in varying his actions and speeds throughout the Test series against England proved pivotal to his success, with the seasoned off-spinner emphasizing the importance of experimentation and focus amidst external distractions in India's challenging conditions.

Celebrating his 100th Test appearance, Ashwin emerged as the leading wicket-taker of the five-match series, claiming 26 wickets. 

Reflecting on his performance, Ashwin remarked, "Throughout the series, I have experimented with different actions, speeds, and releases. 

India presents unique challenges at each venue. However, I remain unfazed by external opinions and remain focused on my game."

The 37-year-old credited his willingness to evolve as a bowler for his achievements, stating, "I don't hesitate to try new things if I am confident. 

I am open to constructive feedback, which has been crucial to my growth."

Highlighting his standout performances, Ashwin singled out his spells in the first innings of Saturday (5/77) and in England's second innings at Ranchi (5/51) as particularly satisfying. 

"I was pleased with how I bowled in those spells, especially in Ranchi. 

Sometimes, the most beautiful moments are those that have passed. 

I was anticipating Ollie Pope's dismissal in Ranchi, and executing that plan was rewarding," he added.

Ashwin also commended the performance of left-arm wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav, who claimed 19 wickets in the series. 

"Kuldeep's form and consistency have been exceptional. 

His ability to adapt and switch strategies throughout the series and the last 10 months is commendable. I couldn't be happier for him," Ashwin concluded.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post